Dustin E. Yeager
Shareholder | Yakima
Dustin's practice focuses on the needs of closely held family, real estate development and agriculture businesses.
Through this focus, Dustin offers a wide array of services that help owners wade through the various legal challenges of business formation, business acquisitions and sales, real property conveyances, land use considerations, contract drafting, debt recovery, succession planning, and most other legal issues small- to medium-sized businesses face.
- Washington, 2005
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern (2006) and Western (2006) Districts of Washington
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern (2006) and Western (2006) Districts of Washington
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- Seattle University, B.A. in Political Science (1999)
Recognition & Honors
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers (2012 - 2015)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author with Claire Taylor, “Overview of the 'Paycheck Protection Program' Under the CARES Act,” blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (March 2020)
- Author, “Low-Interest SBA Loans Available for Washington State Small Businesses/Non-Profits Harmed by COVID-19 (and Stabilization Fund Grants for Small Businesses located in the City of Seattle too!),” blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (March 2020)
- Co-author with Aviva Kamm, “Agricultural Employment is Essential – Ready Your Work Force for Continued Operations in the Face of COVID-19,” blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (March 2020)
- Co-author with Charissa Johnston, "Wine Grape Growers: Don't Lose Your Super-Priority Wine Producer Lien Status," blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (October 2016)
- Co-author, "Supreme Court Redefines Who Constitutes a 'Farm Labor Contractor' in Washington," blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (March 2016)
- Co-author with Sarah Wixson, "Washington Supreme Court Rules Piece Rate Workers Entitled to Paid Rest Breaks," blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (July 2015)
- Co-Presenter, "Assessing Risk Under the Farm Labor Contractor Act," 2014 Annual Fruit Industry Seminar, presented by the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (January 2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Yakima Family YMCA's Board of Directors and Chairman of the Camp Dudley Committee
Background & Interests
Prior to joining the firm, Dustin was an associate attorney at Lyon, Weigand, & Gustafson, P.S. in Yakima, Washington, and a law clerk to Hon. Edward F. Shea of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington from 2005 - 2006.