Joshua D. Harms
Attorney | Seattle
Joshua represents businesses and individuals in a broad range of complex civil litigation matters, with a particular focus on commercial torts and intellectual property disputes. He has appeared for clients in courts across the country, ranging from the New York Commercial Division to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. At all stages of the litigation process, Joshua aims to provide clients with practical, goal-oriented strategies.
Joshua advises clients in a variety of industries, such as entertainment and the arts, software, and fashion and apparel. His intellectual property practice covers an array of areas, with an emphasis on trademark and copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation, and extends to novel issues, such as those surrounding non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Washington (2019)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Editor in Chief, Seattle University Law Review (2019)
- Gonzaga University, B.A. (2016)
Recognition & Honors
- CALI Awards for Highest Grade in Class: Corporate Appellate Litigation; Law, Language and Literature; Criminal Procedure; Professional Responsibility; Evidence; and Property
Publications & Presentations
- “Legislative Foundation of the United States’ New International Tax System,” author, 42 Seattle U. L. Rev. 211 (2018)
Professional & Community Activities
- Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Washington, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- William D. Dwyer Inn of Court, Member
- Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Scholar Society), Member
- Vice Chair of the King County Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section
Background & InterestsDuring law school, Josh externed at the King County Superior Court for the Hon. Richard McDermott (ret.) and at the Washington State Bar Association Office of Disciplinary Counsel. He also served as a summer associate with Mills Meyers Swartling.
Josh is an avid runner and enjoys hiking around the Pacific Northwest.