Valerie A. Walker
Attorney | Seattle
Valerie is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice. She assists clients in a range of disputes, including employment, intellectual property and general litigation.
Prior to joining Stokes Lawrence, Valerie was a Law Clerk for the Honorable Robert S. Lasnik, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. Before her service at the court, Valerie served as legal counsel to various school districts and cities in Washington. Additionally, she served as a law clerk for the Labor and Industries Division of the Washington State Attorney General’s Office.
- Washington, 2017
University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Executive Online Editor, Washington Law Review
- Order of the Coif
Occidental College, B.A., Politics, 2013, summa cum laude
- Departmental Honors
Recognition & Honors
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Persuasive Writing, Constitutional Law: Freedom of Expression, Washington Constitutional Law, Family Law, Business Organizations, Administrative Law, Evidence, Constitutional Law, and Criminal Law.
- Hazelton Fellow
Professional & Community Activities
- Volunteer/Executive Committee Member, Minds Matter Seattle (2017 to 2021)
Publications & Presentations
- "Are You Ready for Washington's Pay Transparency Law?," author, StokesLaw Briefs (October 2022)
- Note, The Dormant Commerce Clause “Effect”: How the Difficulty in Reconciling Exxon and Hunt Has Led to a Circuit Split for Challenges to Laws Affecting National Chains, 91 Wash. L. Rev. 1895 (2016)
Background & Interests
In her free time, Valerie enjoys playing with her dog, reading, singing, and playing piano.