Olivia E. Gonzalez
Associate | Seattle
Olivia Gonzalez advises privately held businesses and individuals on a broad range of corporate and transactional matters ranging from business formation, operation and management, to the purchase and sale of stock and assets.
Olivia’s real estate practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, joint-venture agreements and leases for commercial properties. She also assists in the acquisition and disposition of real estate for different uses, including office, retail, multifamily, and health and wellness facilities.
Olivia prides herself in her ability to distill complex legal concepts into understandable and usable information for her clients to make sound business decisions.
Prior to focusing her practice on corporate transactions and real estate, Olivia was a member of the firm’s Litigation practice. Now she uses her experience in commercial litigation to help clients avoid legal pitfalls and traps when structuring their businesses and real estate transactions.
- Washington, 2009
- University of Southern California School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A. in Government and Spanish (2005)
Recognition & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch in Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Real Estate Law (2021)
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers (2019)
Publications & Presentations
- "Buying & Selling a Business Part 1: Asset Deals vs. Stock Deals - Factors to Consider," co-author with Sean Griffee, blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (December 2019)
- "Buying & Selling a Business Part 2: Letter of Intent," author, blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (January 2020)
- "Ethics in Business Law Transactions," co-presenter with Mike Garner, WSBA Business Law Section Mid-Year CLE (May 2016)
- "Does Your Business Comply With Washington's Newly Amended Data Breach Notification Law?" author, blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (June 2015)
- "Best Practices for Retaining Employee Records," author, blog post, Stokes Law Briefs(September 2014)
- "Recent Arbitration Law Developments - Washington State & Federal Law," Co-presenter with Mat Harrington, Stokes Lawrence Employment Law Institute CLE (August 2014)
- "Should You Include Arbitration Clauses in Employment Contracts?" Co-presenter with Mat Harrington, Stokes Lawrence Employment Law Institute Client Workshop (August 2014)
- "Record Retention Laws & Tips to Stay in Compliance," Presenter, Stokes Lawrence Employment Law Institute Client Workshop (August 2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Member, Washington State Bar Young Lawyer's Division
- Member, Latina/o Bar Association of Washington
Background & Interests
After taking the bar exam in 2008, Olivia accepted a Fulbright Grant to Spain where she and fellow Fulbright Scholars established the first-ever Model United Nations curriculum throughout secondary schools in Northern Spain. Olivia enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband and two children.