Regularly recognized as one of the top law firms in the state for intellectual property law, we have deep experience in protecting and enforcing trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets through registration, licensing, litigation and dispute resolution.
Global Portfolio Strategy, Registration & Management
We are experienced in worldwide trademark clearance, registration and portfolio management, complex design and certification marks, and domain name protection. We also provide strategic advice involving leading-edge copyright issues, including digital music, media and online content. Working closely with our global network of associated counsel, we represent our clients’ interests in jurisdictions around the world.
IP Transactions & Due Diligence
Our team includes transactional attorneys with experience in all manner of development, license, acquisition and transfer agreements. We work on the front lines, assisting some of the world’s leading purveyors of technology and digital content in developing innovative means of protecting, leveraging and monetizing their intellectual property. We have particular experience in sophisticated license agreements for software, technology services and mobile applications.
We negotiate and conduct due diligence for corporate transactions, and investigate and structure IP ownership and security interests. We help companies structure employee and management agreements and relationships to protect corporate confidences, trade secrets and proprietary information, and provide in-house training and workshops for employees who are involved with the company's intellectual property.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Results matter. When disputes arise or enforcement actions are necessary, our nationally recognized IP litigation team draws on its extensive trial and appellate experience to safeguard clients’ interests. We routinely litigate intellectual property matters in state and federal courts and in contested proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Our IP litigators have successfully resolved cases involving patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights and domain names, involving all manner of technology and industries, from retail goods and services to telecommunications and music. We also help our clients with pre-litigation analysis and investigation, including complex trade secret cases. Although our team includes experienced trial lawyers, we recognize that litigation is not always the answer. We are skilled in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. We focus on cost-effective approaches and our clients’ business objectives.
Advertising & Marketing
We work closely with our clients to successfully negotiate the complex regulations and statutes concerning advertising, marketing and sweepstakes. We understand that marketing decisions are implemented in real time, and we recognize the importance of promoting and protecting our clients’ brands. Clients rely on us for responsive, targeted, effective solutions.
Privacy & Data Protection
Consumer loyalty is critical to every company’s success. We assist clients in navigating applicable rules and regulations, and in drafting and complying with privacy and data protection policies to protect their competitive positions.
To discuss your company’s intellectual property needs, contact one of our Intellectual Property lawyers.
- 20 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to 2020 Washington's Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Stokes Lawrence Ranked Among Largest Women-Owned Businesses
- Leslie Vander Griend, Shannon Jost Recognized as Top Trademark Lawyers for 6th Year
- Trademark Year in Review
- For Eighth Year, Stokes Lawrence Is Named a Best Law Firm
- Best Lawyers Lists Stokes Lawrence Attorneys on Its 2020 Guide
- Super Lawyers Recognizes 17 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys
- Shannon Jost, Leslie Vander Griend Again Recognized in WTR 1000
- Stokes Lawrence Again Named Best Law Firm for Seventh Year
- 15 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to 2019 Best Lawyers List
- Stokes Lawrence Named to 2018 Washington's Best Workplaces
- 17 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to 2018 Super Lawyers Lists
- Stokes Lawrence Again Recognized as a Best Firm for Female Attorneys
- Merchandising and The Controversial 'Secondary Source' Rule
- 17 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named as Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Theresa Wang Named 2017 Acritas Star Lawyer
- Stokes Lawrence Intellectual Property Practice Recognized in WTR 1000
- Stokes Lawrence Named to 2017 Best Law Firms List
- 11 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers List
- Defend Trade Secrets Act Expands Remedies for Protecting Rights, Comes With New Requirements for Employee Contracts
- Leslie Ruiter, Shannon Jost Recognized as Leading Trademark Professionals
- Theresa Wang Promoted to Shareholder
- 9 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named as 2016 Best Lawyers in America
- Stokes Lawrence Forms Mediation & Arbitration Practice Group
- For Second Year, Nearly Half of Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- The Internet and ADA: How to Make Your Website More Accessible
- The Internet and ADA: The Right to Equal Enjoyment of the Web
- Stokes Lawrence Promotes Kamm to Shareholder
- Stokes Lawrence Partners With Northwest Immigrant Rights Project to Aid Child Immigrants
- Yakima Event - Avoiding Personal Liability: Advice for Owners and Managers of Privately Held Businesses
- Stokes Lawrence Named Best Law Firm for Third Consecutive Year
- 8 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers in America
- Nearly Half of Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named Washington Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Chambers USA Once Again Recognizes Carolyn Cairns and Shannon Jost As Leading Attorneys
- Data Extraction: Beyond the Sweat of the Brow
- Stokes Lawrence Noted for Employment, IP and Litigation Practices
- INTA Roundtable on World Portfolio Management
- Trademark, Copyright & Patent Practice
- Stokes Lawrence Wins Ninth Circuit Appeal for Client
- Attachmate Wins Important Ruling Protecting Software Licenses