Amy Kangas Alexander
Amy is an associate in the firm’s Employment practice, where she assists employers and employees on a variety of labor and employment matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination. She also helps employers comply with federal and state labor and employment laws relating to their workplace policies and procedures.
In addition, Amy investigates employment complaints, drawing on her previous experience as an investigator with a public defender office.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy worked at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division 1 as a staff attorney and law clerk to the Hon. Michael S. Spearman. Before her service at the court, she was a Medical-Legal Partnership attorney with the Northwest Justice Project. Selected as an Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellow, Amy partnered with medical institutions to provide legal services to immigrants and individuals with autism and mental illness.
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (2011)
- Wesleyan University, B.A., Honors in History and Latin American Studies (2007)
Professional & Community Activities
- Washington Women Lawyers Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference Planning Committee
- King County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle
- Past Member, Washington Health Benefit Exchange, Health Equity Technical Advisory Committee