Kelly Twiss Noonan
Managing Shareholder | Seattle
Kelly has served as Managing Shareholder for more than 15 years, where she guides the firm’s mission to provide experienced, tailored and practical legal advice that helps clients succeed.
In addition to her primary responsibilities for managing the firm’s business, her legal practice combines business advising and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on consumer class action defense, as well as advertising and consumer law.
- U.S. District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. with honors (1989)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. in English, cum laude (1985)
- University of Washington, Executive Development Program at the Foster School of Business (2006)
Recognition & Honors
- Top-Rated Lawyer, West Coast, National Law Journal (2017)
- Washington Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Provide ongoing advice and training regarding advertising, marketing, promotions, sweepstakes and contracts, credit practices, and general business regulation.
- Defended and successfully resolved numerous consumer class actions against major telecommunications companies involving claims of deception, unfair business practices and breach of contract.
- Defended nationwide consumer class actions involving false advertising and fraud claims as well as Federal Communications Act preemption and filed tariff issues.
Publications & Presentations
- "Beating the Odds," speaker, presented by Mills Meyers Swartling (November 2015)
- "Women Leaders: Maximizing Your Potential," panelist, presented by Stokes Lawrence (July 2015)
- Professional Spotlight with Carpe Juvenis (November 2014)
- “Fight or Flight, or Why Attorneys Leave Legal Employers,” panelist, Legal Executive Diversity Summit presented by the Washington Initiative for Diversity (May 2014)
- “Law Firm Practice Economics,” panelist, Washington Leadership Institute (March 2014)
- "Path to Partner," panelist, WAMBAC (Washington State Minority Bar Association Collaboration Project) statewide diversity conference (October 2013)
- "Plugging the Leaky Pipeline: The Pay Gap," speaker & panelist, presented by Washington Women Lawyers (June 2013)
- "Tips on Keeping Your Legal Practice Profitable in the Economic Downturn," Fourth Annual Washington State Diversity Conference (June 2009)
- "How to Build a Successful Private Practice: Mother Attorney Leaders and Rainmakers Share Their Wisdom," Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle (March 2009)
- "Basic Legal Issues in Advertising," National Business Institute's Preventing Lawsuits and Violations in Advertising and Promotions (April 2008)
Professional & Community Activities
- Americas Regional Representative, Lawyers Associated Worldwide
- Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, King County Bar Foundation Board of Trustees
- KIND (Kids in Need of Defense) Washington State Advisory Committee and Pro Bono Attorney
- Member, CEO Connect
- Volunteer, King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic
- Past Member, Women Presidents' Organization, Bellevue Chapter and Platinum IV National Chapter
- Former Chair, Eckstein Middle School Annual Campaign