Kathleen Grohman Burton
Associate | Seattle
Kathleen works with businesses at all stages of the corporate lifecycle—formation, operation, management, and disposition. She advises on general corporate law and taxation matters, and assists with contract drafting and negotiation. Kathleen also handles mergers and acquisitions, representing buyers and sellers in all types of equity and asset transfers. In addition to her business advisory practice, Kathleen works closely with family businesses, owners and executives on succession planning.
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M. Taxation (2017)
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (2013)
- Santa Clara University, B.S. in Political Science ,Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Alpha, magna cum laude (2010)
Recognition & Honors
- Rising Star, Washington Super Lawyers (2021)
Publications & Presentations"E-Signing in a Virtual World," co-author with Serena Sayani, blog post, StokesLaw Briefs (March 2020)
Background & Interests
Kathleen enjoys travel, hiking, and spending time with her husband and young daughter.
Professional & Community Activities
- Association for Corporate Growth, Y20 Member
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association