Elizabeth F. Jennings
Attorney | Seattle
Elizabeth (Lizzy) is an experienced trust and estate attorney who focuses her practice on trust and estate litigation and estate administration where there are complex familial and legal issues involved. She also addresses challenging family dynamics and elder law issues through Vulnerable Adult Protection Order actions, guardianship/conservatorship proceedings, and TEDRA (Trust and Estate Disputes Resolution Act) cases.
Elizabeth approaches each case with the client’s goal at the forefront, whether it be pursued through compassionate and collaborative resolution or relentless courtroom advocacy, both at the trial court and appellate court level. She regularly advises clients in their roles as personal representatives, trustees, agents under Powers of Attorney, and court-appointed guardians/conservators regarding fiduciary obligations, reporting requirements, and statutory duties.
Elizabeth is an Associate Faculty at Edmonds College where she teaches Legal Research & Writing, Advanced Legal Research & Writing, Estate Planning & Probate, and Elder Law courses. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from Boston College and her undergraduate decree, magna cum laude, from Clemson University.
- Washington, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2012
Boston College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Law & Religion Program, Associate Conference Editor, Note Editor
- Pre-Law Mentoring Program, One-on-One Mentor to Undergraduate Students
Clemson University, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2008, magna cum laude
- Team Captain, Division I Rowing Team
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “The Power of the Power of Attorney” StokesLaw Briefs (2023)
- Presenter, “Notice Requirements as Court Visitor,” WSBA Title 11 Court Visitor’s Training (2023)
- Presenter, “Ducks in a Row – Legal and Financial Documents” People’s Memorial Association (2019-present)
Professional & Community Activities
- WSBA Elder Law Section Executive Committee, Secretary (2022-present)
- Co-Chair, Washington State Bar Association 21st Annual Trust & Estate Litigation CLE (forthcoming, 2024)
- Associate Faculty, Edmonds College Paralegal Program (2014-present)
- Treasurer, United Sports Seattle (2023)
- Holy Names Academy Alumnae Board Member
- Final Refuges Home Foster, Old Dog Haven
Background & Interests
As a former high school and college athlete (rowing) and lifelong Seattleite, Elizabeth continues her love of sports through volunteering with United Sports Seattle, playing adult kickball, and attending Seahawks games as well as local high school and amateur sporting events with her husband who is a local sports official.
Elizabeth and her husband are also passionate about providing safe and loving homes for senior and chronically ill dogs and partner with Old Dog Haven to provide a loving final refuge foster home for senior dogs.