The Nonprofit & Tax Exempt group empowers you in your charitable giving.
We combine our resources with yours to make a collective impact through educated, practical and innovative action. There are many options for charitable giving and tax-exempt activities. We help you understand your options, educate you about the law, and help you create and maintain a plan that is tailored to your goals.
Whether you are looking for advice on a discreet issue, counsel to educate your board, or start–up advice, we can guide you.
What to Expect
After you have evaluated your options, we help you create a long-term approach. If you choose to donate assets such as cash, securities, artwork or real estate, we plan and prioritize your charitable donations in connection with your estate and business planning.
If you choose to give through a tax-exempt entity (such as a private foundation, public charity or other tax-exempt entity), we put together your plan of action, identify your team and resources, form your entity and obtain tax-exempt status, guide you through governance and compliance issues, and work with your team to form an educated approach.
- Stokes Lawrence Named Best Law Firm for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Duties and Liabilities of Nonprofit Board Members
- Prevent Private Foundation Self-Dealing
- Fulfilling Your Heart's Desire: Basic Steps to Successful Service on a Charity Board
- Using a Donor Advised Fund for Your Charitable Giving
- RoseMary Reed Receives Preeminent Rating From Martindale-Hubbell