Our litigation attorneys have many decades of experience handling a wide variety of disputes, as well as deep understanding of several industries, including agriculture, commercial lending, telecommunications and consumer products.
From the outset, we work closely with you to develop strategic, communications and budgeting plans so your goals and expectations are met. Establishing expectations at the outset of an engagement focuses both of us on swift and satisfactory resolution of the dispute.
We strive to prevent litigation through alternative forums of dispute resolution whenever this supports your goals. However, when litigation is unavoidable, we are well-respected and vigorous advocates in state and federal trial and bankruptcy courts.
Areas of focus include:
- Antitrust, Consumer Protection and Fraud
- Appellate (state and federal)
- Class Action Defense (consumer and employment)
- Contracts and Commercial Disputes
- Creditors' Rights (including bankruptcy)
- Finance and Securities
- Insurance (subrogation, coverage disputes, commercial disputes on behalf of insurers and brokers)
- Intellectual Property
- Public Contracts
- Real Estate
- Wills and Trusts
- Claire Taylor Joins Stokes Lawrence’s Financial Services Group
- 17 Stokes Lawrence Attorneys Named to 2018 Super Lawyers Lists
- The Death of Arbitration?
- Erika Hartliep Named Lawyer Representative for Eastern District Court
- Mat Harrington Successfully Argues on Behalf of Cougar Den
- Stokes Lawrence Team Convinces Court to Allow Pro Bono Client to Stay in U.S.
- SLVMS Attorneys Win Asylum for Pro Bono Clients
- Peggy Rasmussen Joins Stokes Lawrence
- SLVMS Supports Legal Clinics for Immigrants
- Justo Gonzalez Participates in Thought Leader Forum on Immigration & Employment Law
- Washington Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling Affirming Right to Travel and Trade for Members of Yakama Nation
- Stokes Lawrence Welcomes Jacob Zuniga
- Stokes Lawrence Supports Citizenship Initiatives
- Tom Lerner Speaks on Behalf of the Washington State Bar Foundation
- Stokes Lawrence Pro Bono Client Wins Favorable Decision in State Supreme Court Case
- Erika Hartliep Joins Stokes Lawrence Velikanje Moore & Shore
- Carolyn Cairns and Shannon Jost Listed as Leading Lawyers in the 2016 Chambers USA
- Defend Trade Secrets Act Expands Remedies for Protecting Rights, Comes With New Requirements for Employee Contracts
- Lance Pelletier Joins the Stokes Lawrence Litigation Group
- Liz Findley Joins Stokes Lawrence's Litigation Practice
- Brendan Monahan Elected President of the Federal Bar Association of the Eastern District of Washington
- SLVMS Wins $20 Million Tax Appeal
- Stokes Lawrence Forms Mediation & Arbitration Practice Group
- Stokes Lawrence Velikanje Moore & Shore Wins Summary Judgment in $2 Million Lawsuit
- Does Your Business Comply With Washington's Newly Amended Data Breach Notification Law?
- Avoiding Personal Liability for Business Owners and Managers: Antitrust Charges
- Avoiding Personal Liability for Business Owners and Managers: Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Avoiding Personal Liability for Business Owners and Managers: Claims By Owners
- Mat Harrington Presents Oral Arguments Before Court of Appeals
- EEOC Ordered to Pay Attorneys' Fees for Filing Baseless, Unreasonable, and Frivolous Lawsuit Against Stokes Lawrence Clients
- Stokes Lawrence Promotes Kamm to Shareholder