Morris G. Shore
Retired | Yakima
Moorie started his practice in Yakima since 1964, when he joined the Velikanje law office which eventually became Velikanje, Moore & Shore, P.S. In 2007 Morrie, along with George Velikanje, John Moore and Brendan Monahan, moved their practices to the Yakima office of Stokes Lawrence Velikanje Moore & Shore.
Over the long span of his career, Morrie's clients included a wide variety of businesses, ranging from some of the larger and most successful agri-businesses located in Central Washington, to medical practices, to manufacturing and distributing businesses. Morrie has had the opportunity to deal on a long-term basis with many of his clients and has been fortunate to work with three generations within some family businesses.
Even though he has been honored by being named variously as a "best" or "super" lawyer by legal publications, Moorie always considered the biggest honor the fact that his clients continued to use his legal services and considered him as one of their trusted advisors.
- Washington, 1963
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern (1964) and Western (1963) Districts of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1969)
- U.S. Tax Court (1970)
- University of Washington, J.D. (1963)
- Whitman College, B.A. in Political Science (1960)
Recognition & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Law (2009 - 2018) and Trusts and Estates (2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Law, Yakima 2013
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Washington Super Lawyers
Through his many years of practice, Morrie has worked with many of the businesses in Central Washington, including many of the larger business sales or acquisition transactions in the geographical area served by his practice.
Publications & Presentations
Morrie has spoken to the Bar and other groups on such subjects as shareholder agreements, business planning, uniform commercial code matters under Articles 2 and 9; business planning, and business negotiations.
Professional & Community Activities
- Past President, Yakima County Bar Association
- Past Member and Past Chairman of the Board, Providence Medical Center
- Past Trustee and Chairman of the Board, Eastern Washington University
- Past Board Member, United Way of Yakima
- Past Board Member, Yakima YMCA
- Past Board Member, Yakima Symphony
- Past Board Member, Capitol Theatre
- Past Board Member, Yakima Greenway Endowment
- Past Member, Board of Overseers of Whitman College
Background & Interests
Other than practicing law, Morrie's outside interests include skiing, hiking, traveling, and being both a participant and spectator of various sporting events.