James K. Wilkens
Attorney | Anchorage
With nearly 40 years’ experience, Jim assists clients in resolving serious business and litigation matters. His practice focuses on corporate, insurance and aviation matters.
After graduating from law school he was accepted into the Attorney General's Honor Law Graduate Program with the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., where he served as a trial attorney in the Tax Division from 1980-1984. Jim has been in the private practice of law since 1984.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska
- Drake University Law School, J.D., cum laude (1980)
- St. Olaf College, B.A. (1977)
Recognition & Honors
- Alaska Super Lawyers in Civil Litigation
- The Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation and Insurance
- Inductee to the Litigation Counsel of America
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
- Alaska Airlines
- United States Aviation Insurance Group
- NRC Alaska Inc.
Professional & Community Activities
- Alaska Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute/Defense Counsel of Alaska
- Lawyer Pilot Bar Association
Background & Interests
Jim has been married to his wife Jane for 45 years with two wonderful children and now four grandchildren. Jim and Jane have a second home in Santa Fe, New Mexico where they enjoy breaks from the harsh Alaska winters. Jim is a pilot who enjoys flying in Alaska, the desert Southwest and places in between. His hobbies include hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities. Jim stays physically active and loves to play hockey, hike, bike, and golf. He enjoys riding his motorcycle with his friends on desert roads.