George F. Velikanje
Of Counsel | Yakima
George has an estate planning, probate and trust practice.
- Washington, 1965
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington (1965)
- University of Washington, J.D. (1965)
- University of Washington, B.A. in law (1963)
Recognition & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America in Trusts and Estates (from its inception through 2018)
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Washington Super Lawyers
- Resolving disputes involving interests in estates and trusts.
- Probate and trust administration.
- Drafting wills, trusts and other estate planning documents.
Publications & Presentations
- "ACTEC Fellows Present: Lessons Learned Through the Years," 2013 Real Property, Probate & Trust Midyear, presented by WSBA (June 2013)
- "Drafting and Funding the Marital and Credit Shelter Shares," presented by American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (June 2013)
- "Probate and Estate Planning," (co-author) Washington State Bar Association (2005)
- George is a frequent lecturer on estate planning, trust and estate administration and taxation
Professional & Community Activities
- Past State Chair, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Past Director, Washington State Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust
- Past President, Yakima County Estate Planning Council
- Past President, Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, United Way of Yakima
- Past President, Yakima Area Arboretum
- Past Director, Allied Arts Council
- Past Director, Providence Health Foundation