George F. Velikanje
Of Counsel | Yakima
George has been practicing law for more than 50 years. His practice has focused on transactional matters, with an emphasis in trusts and estates. George has been an active participant with the Real Property Probate and Trust sections of the Washington State Bar Association and the ABA. During his career, George has been a frequent presenter at continuing legal education seminars, helping other attorneys with a more general practice avoid potential problems in the trusts and estates field. He now acts as a mentor to younger attorney and acts as a consultant on special projects.
- Washington, 1965
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington (1965)
- University of Washington, J.D. (1965)
- University of Washington, B.A. in law (1963)
Recognition & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America in Trusts and Estates (from its inception through 2018)
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Washington Super Lawyers
- Resolving disputes involving interests in estates and trusts.
- Probate and trust administration.
- Drafting wills, trusts and other estate planning documents.
Publications & Presentations
- "ACTEC Fellows Present: Lessons Learned Through the Years," 2013 Real Property, Probate & Trust Midyear, presented by WSBA (June 2013)
- "Drafting and Funding the Marital and Credit Shelter Shares," presented by American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (June 2013)
- "Probate and Estate Planning," (co-author) Washington State Bar Association (2005)
- George is a frequent lecturer on estate planning, trust and estate administration and taxation
Professional & Community Activities
- Past State Chair, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Past Director, Washington State Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust
- Past President, Yakima County Estate Planning Council
- Past President, Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, United Way of Yakima
- Past President, Yakima Area Arboretum
- Past Director, Allied Arts Council
- Past Director, Providence Health Foundation