David S. Rubenstein
Associate | Seattle
David’s practice encompasses the entirety of the business and real estate life cycles.
In his real estate practice, David represents national and regional clients, including REITs, developers, landlords and tenants, in the acquisition, disposition, management and leasing of commercial real estate. His work covers office, warehouse, industrial, retail, medical office, multifamily and mixed-use properties. David’s work includes all aspects of real estate transactions, including negotiations, purchase and sale agreements, title review, due diligence, managing closings and financing documents. Additionally, his clients include major landlords and tenants, for whom he drafts and negotiates leases, amendments, subordination agreements and related documents.
- Washington, 2013
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., articles editor, Washington Law Review (2012)
- Northwestern University, B.A., with honors (2007)
Recognition & Honors
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Negotiated and closed $20 million acquisition of a multi-building, multi-parcel industrial property in Seattle and secured cooperation of major international tenant.
- Negotiated and closed $10 million CMBS conduit loan with national lender.
- Negotiated and closed the sale of a $6 million building in Manhattan.
- Negotiated and closed $6 million refinancing of a multifamily property in Phoenix.
- Assisted client with successful $2.25 million asset sale and assumption of company liabilities.
- Negotiated and closed $50M+ combination equity and asset sale of global business with Hong Kong and UK subsidiaries.
Publications & Presentations"New Standards Could Mean More Revenue for Landlords," author, blog post, Stokes Law Briefs (March 2018)
Background & Interests
David is a Pacific Northwest native who enjoys cycling, snowboarding, hiking with his dog and perfecting his pizza recipe.