Of Counsel | Seattle
Kiran helps clients articulate their wealth transfer objectives and implement plans in a manner that meets their financial, familial, and business goals in a tax-efficient manner.
Kiran advises on all aspects of estate and trust related matters, including the preparation of wills, trusts, and premarital agreements; modifying trusts through decantings and nonjudicial settlement agreements; analyzing estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax planning strategies; charitable planning; and probate proceedings and estate administration.
Kiran has extensive experience advising family offices and private trust companies with respect to governance, beneficiary relations, and administration. Kiran frequently analyzes regulatory compliance issues facing private trust companies and helps clients develop policies and procedures in light of such regulations. The ongoing relationships that she builds with her families and their private entities allows her to help develop strategies that both accomplish shared family goals and account for individual needs and circumstances.
Her clients include wealthy individuals and families, family business owners, banks and trust companies, trustees and executors and private foundations.
- Washington, 2013
- Oregon, 2014
- Illinois, 2018
- Washington, D.C., 2022
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M in Taxation, 2014
Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Trusts and Estates Clinic; Estate Planning
- Kaplen Foundation Scholarship
- University of Washington, B.A. Political Science, 2008
Publications & Presentations
- “Incapacitated Settlors: Trustee Duties, Planning Options, and More”, ISBA Trusts and Estates Section, Webinar (September 2021)
- “Construing and Modifying Wills and Irrevocable Trusts,” (chapter co-author) Litigating Disputed Estates, Trusts, Guardianships and Charitable Bequests (2020)
Professional & Community Activity
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Business Planning Group
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member